I have been going to the Canistear Mine in Vernon for a few years, it was one of the first mines I went too. The highlight of the mine is that one of the shafts has an International Harvester truck inside of it. A few years ago back in 2006 I also fond another neat thing. Some kind of fireplace looking setup. As far as I know there was no roasting of ore at this mine, so I am baffled at what it could be. its located right over one of the shafts. Take a look for yourself and leave comments on your ideas:
What could this be? Canistear Mine…
- 08/02/2011 - Redbridge Mine Adventure Part 2 (and the Ellenville Mine Skeleton)
- 25/01/2011 - Redbridge Mine Adventure Part 1
- 09/01/2011 - Photographing Fish
- 31/12/2010 - ABM Fun at Buttermilk Falls..
- 24/12/2010 - Drake Mine Adit in Mount Olive